TUNA STEAK WITH ORANGE BASIL BUTTER
Recipe Provided by Zea Rotisserie & Grill
To Marinate the tuna:
Sushi Grade Ahi Tuna Steaks (10 wz steaks)
Zea Rotisserie & Grill Thai Rib Sauce (available at the restaurant or Rousse’s Supermarkets)
1. Pour thai rib sauce in the bottom of a bowl.
2. Place tuna steaks in the bottom of the bowl in a single layer.
3. Pour in enough stir fry sauce to submerge the tuna.
4. Marinate the tuna in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
To Make the Orange Basil Butter:
½ pound Salted Butter – room temperature
2 Tablespoon Orange Juice Concentrate
1 Tablespoon Ginger – peeled and minced
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Basil Ribbons – 1/8” ribbons
¼ Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
1. Measure all ingredients into food processor.
2. Whip until smooth.
½ vz. Vegetable Oil
½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt ( on each side)
½ Teaspoon Black Pepper ( on each side)
1 Each Marinated Tuna Steak
1. Add vegetable oil to a skillet and get the oil hot.
2. Season both sides of your marinated tuna with salt & pepper.
3. Place tuna into the skillet and allow to cook undisturbed until the bottom is seared, lightly browned, and the bottom 1/8” turns opaque.
4. Flip and cook until the bottom 1/8” turns opaque.
This method yields a rare doneness. Cook longer on both sides to get a high degree of doneness.
1 Seared Tuna Steak
2 Tablespoons Orange Basil Butter
1 Tablespoon Basil Ribbons (1/8” inch ribbons)
1 Teaspoon Chopped Cilantro
1. Scoop room temperature orange basil butter on top of tuna steak.
2. Sprinkle basil ribbons and chopped cilantro all over tuna.
- Sushi Grade Ahi Tuna Steaks (10 wz steaks)
- Zea Rotisserie & Grill Thai Rib Sauce (available at the restaurant or Rousse’s Supermarkets)
- ½ pound Salted Butter – room temperature
- 2 Tablespoon Orange Juice Concentrate
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger – peeled and minced
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Basil Ribbons – 1/8” ribbons
- ¼ Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- ½ vz. Vegetable Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Cilantro
Flip Tips , Chef Jeff Henderson, Aired on Fri 9/5
Salad, Protein, Tuna
The Back Story
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
Drain the tuna and place in a bowl with the drained beans. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice and zest. Add the parsley and red onions and serve.
Meet the Guest Stars
Chef Jeff Henderson rose from humble beginnings in South Central Los Angeles to become the first African-American executive chef at the Bellagio Hotel. He has gone on to become a successful TV host with a cable show on the Food Network, a nationally syndicated series called, Family Style with Chef Jeff and the host of Flip My Food. When he isn’t cooking on TV he’s a highly sought-after motivational speaker, sharing the secrets of realizing your potential at... (full profile)