WHAT TO DO
1. Season shrimp generously with salt and pepper.
2. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Add shrimp, poblanos and banana peppers to the pan and sauté until shrimp becomes pink in color about 2-3 minutes. Add pickled jalapeños, carrots and green salsa verde to pan. Simmer shrimp in sauce for 2-3 minutes; set aside.
3. In a large zip lock bag, add garlic, onions, shallots, balsamic, olive oil, salt, pepper and skirt steak. Place steak in refrigerator and marinate for 30 minutes.
4. Remove steak from refrigerator. Place steak on a hot grill and cook for 2-4 minutes per side. Season steak with salt and pepper and rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
5. Place tortillas, corn and limes on hot grill and char. Once they have charred, remove from grill and set aside.
6. Place shrimp, sliced skirt steak and corn on a large platter. Garnish with Queso fresco and fresh cilantro sprigs. Serve with warm tortillas, corn and limes.
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 poblano peppers, charred and diced
- 2 banana peppers, charred and diced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ c. pickled jalapeños and carrots
- ½ c. green salsa verde
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. shallots
- ¼ c. good quality balsamic
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lb. skirt steak
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 fresh ears of corn
- 2 limes, halved
- ½ c. Queso fresco cheese
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro