NASCAR Hall of Fame , Chef Jeff Henderson, Aired on Mon 3/7
steak, Porterhouse, A1
The Back Story
WHAT YOU NEED
1 cup vegetable oil
½ cup soy sauce
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons of ground black pepper
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 sprigs of thyme
6 (2-inch) pieces of rosemary sprigs
2-16oz. porterhouse steaks
WHAT TO DO | MARINATE
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and mustard.
2. Add onion, garlic, thyme and rosemary to the bowl and mix well.
3. Pour marinade into one or two large zip lock bags. Place steaks in the bag and make sure marinade thoroughly covers all parts of the meat.
4. Place bag in refrigerator for four to six hours, turning once or twice during this time.
5. Remove meat from bag. Discard the thyme and rosemary. Season with kosher salt and fire up the grill.
WHAT TO DO | GRILLING
1. Prepare a clean, well-oiled charcoal or gas grill so that the coals or heat is medium-high.
2. Brush both sides of the marinated steak with olive oil. If desired, sprinkle with garlic and/or herbs and set aside. Grill the steaks, turning once. Cook until meat reaches desired doneness.
3. Let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Slice steak, place on a platter and serve.
Meet the Guest Stars
Chef Jeff Henderson rose from humble beginnings in South Central Los Angeles to become the first African-American executive chef at the Bellagio Hotel. He has gone on to become a successful TV host with a cable show on the Food Network, a nationally syndicated series called, Family Style with Chef Jeff and the host of Flip My Food. When he isn’t cooking on TV he’s a highly sought-after motivational speaker, sharing the secrets of realizing your potential at... (full profile)