TUNA STEAK WITH ORANGE BASIL BUTTER
Recipe Provided by Zea Rotisserie & Grill
To Marinate the tuna:
Sushi Grade Ahi Tuna Steaks (10 wz steaks)
Zea Rotisserie & Grill Thai Rib Sauce (available at the restaurant or Rousse’s Supermarkets)
1. Pour thai rib sauce in the bottom of a bowl.
2. Place tuna steaks in the bottom of the bowl in a single layer.
3. Pour in enough stir fry sauce to submerge the tuna.
4. Marinate the tuna in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
To Make the Orange Basil Butter:
½ pound Salted Butter – room temperature
2 Tablespoon Orange Juice Concentrate
1 Tablespoon Ginger – peeled and minced
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Basil Ribbons – 1/8” ribbons
¼ Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
1. Measure all ingredients into food processor.
2. Whip until smooth.
½ vz. Vegetable Oil
½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt ( on each side)
½ Teaspoon Black Pepper ( on each side)
1 Each Marinated Tuna Steak
1. Add vegetable oil to a skillet and get the oil hot.
2. Season both sides of your marinated tuna with salt & pepper.
3. Place tuna into the skillet and allow to cook undisturbed until the bottom is seared, lightly browned, and the bottom 1/8” turns opaque.
4. Flip and cook until the bottom 1/8” turns opaque.
This method yields a rare doneness. Cook longer on both sides to get a high degree of doneness.
1 Seared Tuna Steak
2 Tablespoons Orange Basil Butter
1 Tablespoon Basil Ribbons (1/8” inch ribbons)
1 Teaspoon Chopped Cilantro
1. Scoop room temperature orange basil butter on top of tuna steak.
2. Sprinkle basil ribbons and chopped cilantro all over tuna.
- Sushi Grade Ahi Tuna Steaks (10 wz steaks)
- Zea Rotisserie & Grill Thai Rib Sauce (available at the restaurant or Rousse’s Supermarkets)
- ½ pound Salted Butter – room temperature
- 2 Tablespoon Orange Juice Concentrate
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger – peeled and minced
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Basil Ribbons – 1/8” ribbons
- ¼ Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- ½ vz. Vegetable Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Cilantro