WHAT TO DO
1. Heat oil in a deep fryer or Dutch oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk buttermilk and hot sauce together in a shallow dish.
2. Pour cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, garlic, and cayenne in another shallow dish and whisk together.
3. Dredge catfish in buttermilk mixture, then cornmeal mixture and place in fryer. Fry fish until golden brown and crisp about 5 minutes. Remove fish with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve with Cajun dipping sauce and lemon wedges on the side.
- 2 quarts of vegetable oil
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 (6 to 8 ounce) skinless flounder
- Lemon wedges