Plantation , Chef Jeff Henderson, Houmas House, Aired on Wed 12/17
Plantation, Crab Cakes
The Back Story
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients expect to bread crumbs and oil
- Blend carefully, being careful not to break the lumps of crabmeat
- Dust in enough bread crumbs to hold mixture together and pick up most of the moisture
- Form the crab mixture into round patties, approximately one half inch thick and two and a half inches in diameter
- Coat the outside of each crab cake lightly with remaining bread crumbs and pan fry on each side until golden brown
- Serve with Chipotle remoulade sauce
Meet the Guest Stars
Chef Jeff Henderson rose from humble beginnings in South Central Los Angeles to become the first African-American executive chef at the Bellagio Hotel. He has gone on to become a successful TV host with a cable show on the Food Network, a nationally syndicated series called, Family Style with Chef Jeff and the host of Flip My Food. When he isn’t cooking on TV he’s a highly sought-after motivational speaker, sharing the secrets of realizing your potential at... (full profile)
Houmas House Plantation and Gardens has reclaimed its position as Crown Jewel of Louisiana's River Road.
Through the vision and determination of Kevin Kelly, who fulfilled a lifelong dream by acquiring the property in the Spring of 2003, the mansion today reflects the best parts of each period in its rich history alongside the big bend in the Mississippi River.
The first owners of the plantation were the indigenous Houmas Indians, who were given a land grant to occupy the... (full profile)