What To Do
1. Pour oil into a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, about 350 degrees. Soak livers in buttermilk for 5 minutes. Combine flour and all seasoning in a bowl. Drain livers; dredge in flour mixture, shaking off excess flour; transfer to a plate.
2. Fry livers in batches until golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Transfer crispy livers to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve with hot sauce and remoulade.
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1 lb. chicken livers, trimmed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon cayenne powder
- Crystal hot sauce, for dipping
- Remoulade, for dipping (ready made)