Gourmet Girls , Chef Jeff Henderson, Gourmet Girls , Aired on Thu 12/18
bread, Baking, Gluten Free
The Back Story
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 mins.
Meet the Guest Stars
Chef Jeff Henderson rose from humble beginnings in South Central Los Angeles to become the first African-American executive chef at the Bellagio Hotel. He has gone on to become a successful TV host with a cable show on the Food Network, a nationally syndicated series called, Family Style with Chef Jeff and the host of Flip My Food. When he isn’t cooking on TV he’s a highly sought-after motivational speaker, sharing the secrets of realizing your potential at... (full profile)
Gourmet Girls Gluten Free Bakery Bistro Tucson's only all gluten free bakery/bistro serving hand crafted gluten free baked goods plus seasonally inspired breakfast, lunch and weekend dinner menu. Real, fresh food.
Gourmet Girls is located at 5845 N Oracle Road, Tucson AZ. Call them at (520) 408-9000(full profile)
· Preheat oven to 450. Stir dry ingredients, cut shortening into flour mixture until it looks like meal.
· Make a “well” in dry ingredients and add buttermilk all at once.
· Stir with fork and avoid over handling.
· Turn dough into lightly floured ball.
· Knead quickly and lightly, 3-4 times.
· Roll dough into ¼ inch thickness for thin crusty biscuits.
· Cut into circles and place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet, for crusty sides.
· For soft sides place close together on round layer pan. Hint: bake on shiny pans.
· Darkened pans will cause crust to be too dark.
· Bake 8-10 minutes or until tops are light brown.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup Crisco (vegetable shortening or butter)
- ½ tsp. soda
- 1 cup buttermilk