Cajun Shrimp Sandwich
Viewer Requests , Chef Jeff Henderson, Aired on Thu 7/9
The Back Story
· 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined (16/20)
· 1 tablespoon roughly chopped garlic
· Chiasson’s Season-All spice mix
· 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
· 2 cups cornmeal
· 4 tablespoons olive oil/butter blend
· ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
· 1 pinch Cajun seasoning
· Crystal Hot Sauce (to taste)
· Juice from ¼ lemon
· 2 leaves butter lettuce
· 3 thick slices of tomato
· 1 slice red onion
· Artisan bread
- Season shrimp with Season-All spice mix, garlic, and parsley.
- Coat seasoned shrimp in corn meal.
- Sear shrimp in a hot skillet with olive oil/butter blend, 1-2 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise with Cajun seasoning, Crystal Hot Sauce, and lemon juice.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on 2 slices of bread.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, onion, and shrimp.
- Serve and enjoy!
Meet the Guest Stars
Chef Jeff Henderson rose from humble beginnings in South Central Los Angeles to become the first African-American executive chef at the Bellagio Hotel. He has gone on to become a successful TV host with a cable show on the Food Network, a nationally syndicated series called, Family Style with Chef Jeff and the host of Flip My Food. When he isn’t cooking on TV he’s a highly sought-after motivational speaker, sharing the secrets of realizing your potential at... (full profile)