Girl Scout Cookies , Chef Jeff Henderson, Aired on Tue 9/1
No Bake, Easy Dessert
The Back Story
WHAT TO GET
1 pound cream cheese, softened to room temp
¾ cup organic raw sugar
2 cups freshly hand whipped cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup blueberries
1 box girl scout shortbread cookies, crumbled
a stick melted butter
mint tips for garnish
WHAT TO DO
1. In mixer, blend cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar until whipped consistency.
2. slowly incorporate whipped cream, not blending too much.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix shortbread cookies and butter until butter is incorporated.
4. In small pie shells, press crust mixture into pie shells evenly on bottom and sides
5. place 4 or 5 blueberries on top crust
6. spoon in filling mixture on top blueberries up to the rim
7. garnish with mint top
Meet the Guest Stars
Chef Jeff Henderson rose from humble beginnings in South Central Los Angeles to become the first African-American executive chef at the Bellagio Hotel. He has gone on to become a successful TV host with a cable show on the Food Network, a nationally syndicated series called, Family Style with Chef Jeff and the host of Flip My Food. When he isn’t cooking on TV he’s a highly sought-after motivational speaker, sharing the secrets of realizing your potential at... (full profile)