Twice Baked Carne Asada Potatoes
WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash potatoes well then paper dry them. Coat potatoes with olive oil then sprinkle a generous amount of sea salt and jalapeño flakes over potatoes.
3. Place potatoes on a pan with a wire rack. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until fork tender. When potatoes are done remove from oven and set aside.
4. In a large Ziplock bag add skirt steak, olive oil, onions, garlic and jalapeños peppers. Seal bag and place into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to marinate.
5. In a large hot cast iron skillet over medium-high heat add meat and marinade. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is medium. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Remove from skillet and set aside.
6. Place baked potatoes on a metal sheet pan. Cut a deep slit through center of potato and stuff with steak, sliced jalapeños peppers and cheese.
7. Place loaded potatoes in oven on 375 degrees for about 5 minutes or until cheese has melted and potato is hot. Remove from oven and top with sour cream, scallions, tomatoes, cilantro, and fried corn tortilla strips.
- 4 large bakers potatoes
- 1 can olive oil spray
- Sea salt
- 1 -2 tbsp. dry jalapeño flakes
- 1 ½ lb. skirt steak, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1ea. jalapeno pepper, stem, seeded and minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ c. sliced pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1 ½ c. pepper jack cheese
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- Corn tortillas strips and fried crispy