Turkey Andouille Bolognese with Buffalo Mozzarella
WHAT TO DO
1. Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and rosemary; cook until sausage is caramelized about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for about 3–4 more minutes.
2. Add wine to skillet and cook for about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, sugar and basil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5–6 minutes or until liquid has slightly reduced.
3. Fill a large pot with salted water. Add pasta and cook for 6–8 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta and reserve 1/3 cup of cooking liquid. Stream the reserved cooking liquid into the mixture; stir well to combine. Top pasta with Bolognese, mozzarella cheese and black pepper.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. select turkey Andouille sausage, diced
- ½ yellow onion, small diced
- ½ green bell pepper, small diced
- 1 c. chopped oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- ¼ tsp. dried chili flakes
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground black to taste
- ½ c. good red wine
- 1 (14-ounce) canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. sweet basil, chopped
- 1 lb. Tagliatelle
- 9 oz. buffalo mozzarella, torn for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste