Sweet Potato Upside Down Cake
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix brown sugar, butter and cane syrup together and set aside.
3. Add eggs and sugar to a mixing bowl mix well. Add flour, baking powder, salt and pineapple juice to bowl and mix until well combined.
4. Place brown sugar mixture in the bottom of an 8-inch cake pan lined with parchment paper; top with sweet potatoes slices. Pour cake batter evenly over sweet potatoes and place in oven. Bake cake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and cool for about 15 minutes. Place a serving plate on top of pan and flip cake onto plate. Sprinkle with pecans and serve with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 c. cane syrup
- 4 lrg. eggs
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 ½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. pineapple juice
- 3 lrg. sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ c. pecans