Smoked Shrimp Macaroni & Cheese
WHAT TO DO
- Heat a large nonstick pot over medium-high heat. Add butter and onion. Sauté until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and smoked shrimp and cook until shrimp become pinkish. Remove shrimp, set aside.
- Add flour to pot whisk well. Add cream and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in cheeses gradually, cook 3 minutes or until cheeses melt, stir constantly. Add pasta and shrimp to pot and stir until thoroughly incorporated. Garnish with tomato and parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons yellow onion, small diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups medium smoked or grilled shrimp, tail off
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- ¾ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup elbow macaroni or desired pasta, ready cooked
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tomato, sliced for garnish
- 1 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped