Roasted Halibut with Mushrooms and White Wine
WHAT TO DO
1. Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet or cast iron pan over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until browned about 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and sauté stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add white wine, parsley, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until liquid is reduced to half, about 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
2. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Add olive oil to sauté pan over medium heat. Lightly season halibut with salt and pepper. Add fish to pan, sear for 2-3 minutes, turn fish over and place in oven for 8-10 minutes or until fish is firm.
3. Remove fish from oven and place atop of a bed of rice. Spoon mushrooms over halibut. Top with lemons.
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- ½ cups market mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 6-ounce pieces halibut filet
- 2 cups brown rice, ready made
- 3 slices preserved lemons, ready made