Recipe Provided by Blakley Kymen, Executive Chef de Cusine at Marcellos
Season Cheeks with salt and pepper. Dredge through flour, shaking off the excess. Fry until dark brown about 5 min. Transfer to a deep hotel pan.
In a large pot, add pomice oil. Add celery, carrots, onions, 1 tablespoon each, salt and pepper. Cook about 10 min until vegetables begin to soften. Add Tomato paste and cook 1 minute longer. Deglaze with red wine. Bring to a boil and add beef stock and demi glace. Return to a boil. Add lemon zest and herbs. Pour into hotel pan over the cheeks.
Cover in foil and bake 300 degrees for 3 hours.
- 24 Pork Cheeks
- 6 cups of flour
- 1/2 Cup Pomice oil
- 4 Celery Stalks, 1 inch dice
- 2 Large Carrots, peeled and 1 inch dice
- 3 Yellow Onions, 1 inch dice
- 2 Bottles Red Wine
- 12 Cups Beef Stock
- 1 Cup Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Demi Glace
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Sage, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano, Minced