Pan-Roasted Chicken with Olives and Lemon
What To Do
1. Preheat to 425 degrees. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cut the lemon into slices and set aside.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in pan skin side down. Cook until caramelized about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of fat. Add shallots, olives, sage, bay leaves, thyme sprigs and lemon slices to the pan. Cook until fragrant about 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Place chicken back into pan. Skin side up and transfer to the oven. Roast for about 18-20 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Serve on a bed of rice or potatoes. Garnish with slices of lemon and fresh thyme
- 2 Airline breast of chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium shallots, peeled and quartered
- ¾ cup jarred brined olives, rinsed, pitted, and halved
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 6 small fresh bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme