Mediterranean Quinoa with Drum Fish
· In a pot with a tight-fitting lid, heat 1 Tbl of the Garlic Olive Oil. Add the Mediterranean Blend and sauté to soften the seasonings and release their fragrance
· Add the rinsed Quinoa and combine and head through. Saute the quinoa until you can see that the seasonings are evenly distributed and the oil has coated the grains.
· Add the simmering stock to the pot with the Quinoa. Bring to a full rolling boil. Lower the heat and cover with the lid. Cook for 10 minutes for slightly al dente Quinoa. Increase cooking time to 15 minutes for softer Quinoa. Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork. If any liquid remains, you can continue cooking the Quinoa with the lid off until the liquid is absorbed or strain in a colander.
· In a sauté pan, heat 2 Tbl Garlic Olive Oil. Add the artichoke hearts, garbanzo beans and sun dried tomatoes just to heat through. Add the warm quinoa to the vegetable mixture and gently combine. Taste to adjust with salt and pepper.
- Serve with grilled Drum Fish or any protein you prefer such as chicken.
- I Cup Quinoa, rinsed
- 1 Tbl Mediterranean Spice Blend
- 3 Tbl Garlic Olive Oil, separated
- 2 Cups low (or no) sodium chicken or vegtable stock, heated or simmering
- ½ cup finely sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed
- ½ cup finely sliced red onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Drum Filets