Key Lime Pie with Pecan-Gram Cracker Crust
WHAT YOU NEED
Graham Cracker Crust
14 honey-graham crackers
¼ c. pecans, chopped
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 tbsp. vanilla sugar
1 pinch kosher salt
WHAT YOU NEED
4 large egg yolks
1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp. finely grated key lime zest, plus more for garnish
½ c. fresh key lime juice (if not available use regular lime juice)
1 pinch Kosher salt
¼ c. powdered sugar
1 c. Greek yogurt, sweetened
1 tbsp. dark rum
WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place graham crackers in a large bowl and crush until coarsely ground. Add melted butter, sugar, walnuts and salt, mix well.
2. Transfer cookie mixture into a 9" pie dish. Press mixture evenly into bottom and sides of dish. Bake crust, rotating once halfway through, until golden brown on top and crumbs are set, 12–15 minutes. Allow crust to cool.
1. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg yolks and condensed milk in mixer bowl until pale in color and almost doubled in volume, about 3-5 minutes. Whisk in 2 tsp. lime zest, lime juice and salt.
2. Pour filling into cooled pie crust and bake until firm, about 15–20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow pie to cool.
1. Whip yogurt and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Slowly pour in rum. Spread onto cooled pie with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Garnish with lime zest and serve.
- 14 honey-graham crackers
- ¼ c. pecans, chopped
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. finely grated key lime zest, plus more for garnish
- ½ c. fresh key lime juice (if not available use regular lime juice)
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- ¼ c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. Greek yogurt, sweetened
- 1 tbsp. dark rum