Grilled Watermelon-Prosciutto Pizza
1. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
2. Brush honey on both sides of sliced watermelon. Sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt, then grill watermelon 2 to 3 minutes on top side only, until well grilled marked. Place on a wooded platter or pizza board.
3. Drizzle honey over watermelon evenly then layer with thin sliced prosciutto, onions, candied walnuts, feta cheese and fresh mint. Cut watermelon into pizza style wedges and serve with a glass of white wine.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (¾ inch-thick) sliced watermelon round, seedless
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons local honey
- 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced, grilled
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced, grilled
- 2 tablespoons toasted candied walnuts, rough chopped
- ¼ cup feta, crumbled
- 2 large mint leaves, thinly sliced