Grilled Crystal Hot Sauce Glazed Flounder With Creamed Cabbage and Potatoes
Grilled Crystal Hot Sauce Glazed Flounder
3 fillets flounder
2 teaspoons creole seasoning
3 tablespoons Crystal hot sauce butter (see recipe)
Crystal hot sauce butter:
4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
Crystal hot sauce
1 ½ tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon crystal Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 nice pinch Kosher salt to taste
WHAT TO DO
Hot Sauce Butter:
1. In a small to medium heavy bottom sauce pan, on medium heat, add all ingredients to pan. Stir all ingredients thoroughly until sauce become smooth.
2. Remove sauce from heat. Use to brush on fish or meat before a grill off or toss some wings in it for game day.
1. Sprinkle fish fillets with creole seasoning. Brush flounder with hot sauce butter on both sides; set aside.
2. Heat a grill pan on medium heat. Place fish in pan and cook on each side for about 3 minutes or until fish is golden brown and tender.
3. Place fish atop creamed cabbage and potatoes.
Creamed Cabbage and Potatoes
WHAT YOU NEED
1 tablespoon butter
½ head chopped savoy cabbage
1 cup parboiled creamer potatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped peeled russet potatoes
½ cup heavy cream
Fresh ground black pepper
WHAT TO DO
1. Melt butter in large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and stir until cabbage wilts, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in potatoes.
2. Lower heat to medium. Add cream and simmer until vegetables are tender and cream is reduced, stir occasionally for about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with flounder.
- 3 fillets flounder
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 3 tablespoons Crystal hot sauce butter (see recipe)
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- Crystal hot sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crystal Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 nice pinch Kosher salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ head chopped savoy cabbage
- 1 cup parboiled creamer potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled russet potatoes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper