Fettuccine Pasta with Bacon
1. In large saucepot, cook fettuccine as directed on package.
2. Place a sauté pan on medium-low heat. Add pine nuts to pan and cook until brown and toasty. Remove pine nuts from pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add bacon and jalapeno peppers; cook until crispy 2-4 minutes. Transfer bacon and peppers to a paper towel lined plate to drain off excess grease.
4. In a sauté pan add butter, wine, lemon and cooked bacon; stir well. Add pasta, parsley and scallions to pan and toss well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and sweet basil.
- 1 lb. fettuccini pasta
- 1/3 c. pine nuts
- 1 c. Applewood smoked bacon, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ stick unsalted butter, cut into slices
- 1/3 c. white wine
- 1 large lemon
- 1 tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan, in a small serving bowl
- 8 sweet basil leaves, sliced