Crispy Chicken-Parmesan with Linguini Pasta
WHAT TO DO
1. Mix flour, salt, and pepper together in a large shallow dish. Nicely season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour mixture.
2. Add oil to a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add floured chicken breast to hot oil. Fry on both sides until crispy and cooked through. Remove chicken from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and oregano, cook until onions are soft and fragrant. Add garlic and cook for an additional 3 minutes until garlic becomes fragrant. Add red wine and reduce by half. Add tomatoes and sugar; stir well. Simmer sauce for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Place two slices of cheese over each piece of crispy chicken. Place chicken in a pan with pasta sauce until cheese melts. Place a mound of hot pasta in a bowl, spoon sauce over pasta, and place 1 chicken breast atop pasta. Garnish with parmesan cheese and sweet basil.
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. black pepper
- 6-6oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded
- 1 c. canola oil, for frying
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. dry oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ c. red wine
- 3 cans (14.5 oz.) crushed imported Italian tomatoes
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 lb. thin linguine pasta cooked. Follow box instructions.
- 1 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. sweet basil leaves, chopped