Charred Oysters with Peach & Watermelon Bellini
WHAT YOU NEED
1 dozen large oysters, freshly shucked on the half shell
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon creole seasoning
2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ cup peaches, small diced
½ cup watermelon, small diced
8 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
1/3 cup champagne
WHAT TO DO
1. Heat a gas or charcoal grill. Place oysters on the grill. Spoon butter over oysters and season with creole seasoning. Close grill and cook oysters until plump, about 5 minutes.
2. Remove oysters from grill and place on a cookie sheet or a heat-proof surface.
3. In a medium bowl add garlic, lemon juice, peaches, watermelon, mint and champagne. Toss well and set aside.
4. Transfer oysters onto a large platter. Ladle remaining butter over oysters.
5. Spoon fruit mixture over oysters and serve.
- 1 dozen large oysters, freshly shucked on the half shell
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup peaches, small diced
- ½ cup watermelon, small diced
- 8 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup champagne