1. Heat butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and celery, sauté until softened. Add garlic stirring until fragrant.
2. Stir in flour evenly over vegetables. Add stock, clam juice, cream, bay leaves and potatoes. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and continue to stir until thickened. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Add catfish to pot and season with salt and pepper. Cook until fish is firm, about 2 minutes. Remove pot from heat and serve.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, small diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup clams juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 large Idaho potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 3 catfish filets, cut into bite sized pieces
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste