Carolina Smoked Brisket Cheese Sandwich
WHAT TO DO
1. Heat a 12-inch pan or griddle over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of canola oil to the pan and brisket. Heat meat until warm, set aside.
2. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place in the pan with buttered side down. Top each slice with cheese, brisket and another slice of cheese. Butter 2 slices of bread and set on top of meat with buttered side up.
3. Grill until golden brown on both sides, cheese is melted and golden brown, about 2-4 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with hot or cold soup.
- 2 cups shredded ready smoked brisket
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, soft
- 8 slices rustic country bread
- 8 slices muenster cheese
- 2 whole heirloom tomatoes, sliced (optional)